The client is a major international company, operating across several sectors in various countries globally.
The Project Manager is responsible for all elements of a project from inception through to completion and sign off with the customer. The role will include managing the budget, selecting the team members and ensuring the quality of the project or projects. The projects will be both cross departmental and have dependencies on other programs and projects therefore require a high level of collaboration, and management skills to deliver within the constraint of scope, quality, time and budget. The role necessitates strong interpersonal skills, with high level of experience working at an management level and coordinating with other senior-level multifunctional stakeholders to achieve an outcome.
- Educated to Degree level
- Project Management Certification in Prince 2, PMP or Similar
- Certificated in relevant systems where applicable
- Skilled in using MS Office Products such as PowerPoint and Excel
- Will have between 3-7 years experience of managing project
- Managed between at least 2-4 projects through the End to End Project lifecycle
- Managed Project Budgets between US$ 1-5m
- Used to managing Project Teams of 10-20
- Whilst typically managing at Head of Dept Level, will have had interaction at CxO Level
- Delivered multi-country deployments
- Will have worked with multiple retailers, hospitality or FMCG
- A good knowledge of Waterfall, Hybrid and Agile methodologies
- Knowledge of any of the following Technologies Oracle RMS, ReSA, SIM, EPM, X-Store, Non Merch Procurement, ORCE & Responsys Campaign Execution , Chatbot, Service and Social Clouds, MW SOA, MFT IAM, OIM and Automic. Blue Yonder Planning solution including Allocation, AP, AO, EP, D&F, Strategic Pricing, Promos, Markdowns and CATMAN as well as ESO for Food. IBM Sterling Order Management, BI & A, Comarch Loyalty, Yext, HPS
- Reviewing the initial Business Case and High level Plan with the Business Relationship Manager to ensure clear handoff & acceptance for Project inception and that the high level Scope is clearly defined and understood.
- Based on the Business Case establishing the Project OpEx and CapEx Budgets and maintenance of same through the Budget Tracker
- Set up a clear communication cadence and alignment of the Project to the Project standard Governance structure including Project Boards & Weekly Team Mtgs
- Responsible for project mobilization including obtaining commitment of project team resources with departmental Resource Managers.
- Defining clear roles & responsibilities and producing agreed project organogram.
- Familiarity with standard E2E Project Methodologies and able to lead the Project through the various stages of Initiation, Analysis & Design, Build, Test, Deploy, Hypercare & Closure
- Agreeing a clear set of project deliverables in accordance with the standard PMO methodology agreeing any exceptions / additions to standard artifacts
- Define and monitor key dependencies both in and out of the project ensuring that the critical path of the project is fully understood.
- Development of the Project Initiation Document and Quality Plans
- Stakeholder Management, typically with the Head of Department and other Key Stakeholders, ensuring that expectations are managed and fostering a culture of “No surprises”. The Project Stakeholder Matrix would be a key tool to support this.
- Management of Risks & Issues ensuring that a Risk Owner, Assignee, Mitigation plan and associated Risk scoring are defined and that Risks and actions are tracked and review on a weekly basis.
- Management of 3rd Party vendors including onshore and offshore resource
- Delivery of the standard Project weekly status report and input to the Programme Board, supporting the Programme Manager where required.
- Worked with key Project resources such as the Enterprise & Solution Architect and Technical Analysts ensuring that the High Level Design, Integration Catalogue and Integration Design documents are produced and signed off
- Used to working with Change Management to ensure both As-Is & To-Be Processes are put in place, Training, Organizational Modelling, Adoption & Benefits Realization plan are established where applicable.
- Working with or as the Cutover Manager to ensure Dress Rehearsals are conducted and that a detailed Deployment Plan / Schedule of Events and Reversion plan are in place for Go Live.
- Supporting the Transition of the project to Business as Usual working with the Transition Manager to ensure the Transition documentation is in place and knowledge transfer conducted.